American Heart Association CPR Certification
The AHA Heartsaver CPR AED course covers training and certification in CPR and AED (automated external defibrillator) use for adults, children, and infants.
The following topics are covered:
- How high-quality CPR improves survival
- The Chain of Survival
- How to recognize when someone needs CPR
- Performing high-quality CPR
- Performing CPR with help from others
- Giving effective breaths using mouth-to-mouth or a mask
- How to use an AED
- When and how to help someone who’s choking
This course is also available as a blended learning course (online CPR training followed by an in-person Skills Session). Click here for American Heart Association Heartsaver CPR AED Blended Learning.
Non-medical personnel who require CPR/AED certification for job, regulatory, or other requirements. Laypersons who desire CPR training.
If you are a healthcare provider or training to be one, please enroll in our Basic Life Support (BLS) certification class instead.